Sunday, June 6, 2010

Bonjour from Paris!

I had such good intentions of updating this sooner, but I obviously didn't! My time at Mercy Ships has ended...and to be honest, it was much harder to leave than I had anticipated. The friends I met there are amazing people...and I will truly miss them. Hopefully though, I will be able to do some traveling sometime and go visit them (all over the world)!! It was a great experience...and I'll probably write more on that later. But for now...I just arrived in Paris this morning! It was SO exciting to see my Mom and Aunt this morning!!! I've missed them...and I've missed my Mom's hugs! We spend the day wandering around...doing a little sightseeing...catching up (really, just them listening to a lot of Africa stories...haha)! It's been lovely. Slightly weird though...I keep waiting for Zemi-jhans to come zooming all around me...feel the dust/dirt/sweat all over my clothes...hear the little ones holler "yovo, yovo" as I walk by...etc. But then I have to remind myself...I'm not in Africa anymore! We already have some plans for tomorrow...so I'm excited for that! As we are only in Paris for a few days, before leaving for Barcelona...we are going to make the best of it!

Today's love: getting to wake my Mom up...in her hotel room...IN PARIS!! :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you arrived there safely and that you're having fun with your Mom & Aunt!! You guys be careful. Can't wait to see you in a WEEK!!! YAY!!

    ReplyDelete