Yesterday's loves:
1. Eating blackberries!!!!! (i'm semi-obsessed with berries and haven't had them since i left home...) So every Thursday night, there is a community meeting. Pretty much, its like a church service or if you were/are involved in a college christian ministry...like a weekly nav night! I've really enjoyed them, while being here! And one of the greatest parts (although, not the only part) is that we usually get dessert afterwards. The first couple weeks, there was ice cream. Umm...awesome is all I can say about that! But I think they've run out...the past couple weeks we've had a cake, not that you really care...but just wait, I'm getting to the good part. I had to work yesterday during the evening, so I missed the meeting. But a couple lovely co-workers ran up and grabbed a few desserts for us. SOO surprised to see blackberries, whip cream and chocolate amazingness...and SOO very excited! So much so, that you are getting to hear about it. :)
2. I had a little girl who had surgery yesterday morning. So precious! I'm forgetting the technical medical term...but pretty much, she had a large lower lip. So they made it smaller in size and it looks great! Anyway, I was changing her dressing last night and when I finished, she reached over and gave me a hug.... totally unexpected and it just made my night. It truly is the little things about this experience that I'm loving!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment